New Delhi, August 09, 2018: Shri Sudhakar S Shetty, President, FKCCI met Shri K J George, Hon’ble Minister today at his residence office along with the delegation of Office Bearers and Members of the FKCCI. He submitted a Memorandum before the Hon’ble Minister listing out various issues relating to the problems of industrial sectors. Some of them are the following:
- Setting up a NRI Investment Forum in Karnataka. The President indicated that to attract investment in Karnataka by NRIs, a NRI investment Forum can be set up. This was readily welcomed by the Minister.
- Single Window Clearance: The President informed that the Single window agencies are not effectively functioning in any of the districts in the state and the meetings are not regularly held also. As a result the Industries are suffering without proper clearances in time. The Minister assured that a circular will be issued to all the concerned.
- Investors Meet: The President informed that the Investors Meets have been successful and FKCCI members were included in the Road shows conducted by GoK within the country and abroad. The President requested the Minister to continue the same tradition in the future also. The minister has assured to look into this.
- Property Tax Issues: The President informed that the property tax for Industries located in the Industrial estates/areas differs from place to place. This has to be streamlined depending on the population, production etc. The Hon’ble Minister assured that he would take up the matter with the RDPR Minister and Urban Development Minister for redressal.
- KIADB and KSSIDC issues: These were discussed with the Hon’ble Minister. It was requested to instruct the concerned officers to maintain the Industrial estates/areas which have been neglected for a long period. The Hon’ble Minister assured to look into these issues and also assured to reserve 20 percent of the area in KIADB for MSME’s in the prominent area.
- Other issues like the steep increase in the Minimum Wages which is affecting the Industrial Units like SMEs were brought to the attention of the Hon’ble Minister who assured that the matter will be looked into.
The Hon’ble Minister interacted with the members and said that he will discuss regarding the queries raised in the meeting with his officials to take necessary action.
Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)