Hyderabad, July 11, 2017:India’s most coveted & prestigious awards for excellence in the Bus Industry – Ashok Leyland India Bus Awards 2017 is back with its third edition to honour the spirit of innovation in the entire bus ecosystem.
This year, Ashok Leyland India Bus Awards will be a two-tier industry event, which includes conferences and awards. The gala event will take place on Saturday, 8 July 2017 at ITC Kakatiya in Hyderabad.
Shri KT Rama Rao, Honourable Minister for IT, Municipal Administration & Urban Development, Industries & Commerce, Public Enterprises, Sugar, Mines & Geology, NRI Affairs, Government of Telangana will be the Chief Guest of the event.
Shri P. Mahender Reddy, Minister for Transport, Government of Telangana will grace the occasion as the Guest of Honour.
The awards will be hosted by Bus Alliance India and is powered by Abhibus, India’s fastest growing online bus ticket booking portal.
“Post the stupendous success of the previous two editions of India Bus Awards, we are delighted to bring the third edition to Hyderabad that will recognize, reward and honour achievement across the bus industry. Once again we will bring together the entire bus fraternity on this common platform to discuss debate issues in the industry while celebrating excellence,” said Mr. Biju Mathews, Director, Bus Alliance India and COO of Abhibus.com.
“We are proud to be associated with the Ashok Leyland India Bus Awards 2017, in its third edition. The awards recognize excellence and honors the spirit of innovation in the bus industry. We at Ashok Leyland have spearheaded innovation in the bus industry and have to our credit many firsts in the industry. Ashok Leyland India Bus Awards is an important platform as it brings together key stakeholders to discuss, debate challenges in the industry, while celebrating achievement,” said Mr. T. Venkataraman, Senior Vice President, Global Buses, Ashok Leyland.
The awards identify and acknowledge the best in the entire bus ecosystem from manufacturing to operations to employee welfare, environment & public choice.
There are a total of 24 award categories across the 4 business entities including private fleet operators, state transport undertakings, bus manufacturers and bus body builders. The National Screening Jury puts entries from participating companies through a rigorous evaluation process.
Ernst & Young, LLP, are the official tabulators for the awards to validate the processes, bringing in transparency and credibility. A total of 750 nominations have been received from 665 private fleet operators, 70 entries form state transport undertakings, 5 entries from bus manufacturers and 10 nominations from bus body builders.
India Bus Awards in its third edition will be bigger, better and will be attended by some of the leading personalities from the bus and transport fraternity.
India Bus Awards 2017 – Award Categories
- Excellence in Bus Transport Service (Passenger) Private – 4 Zones, Pan India|Government/State, City – Pan India
- Excellence in Bus Transport Service (Corporate,Schools). Corporate – Pan India|Schools – Pan India
- Excellence in Marketing Initiatives Corporate – Pan India,|State, City – Pan India
- Excellence in Employee Welfare Corporate – Pan India,|State, City – Pan India
- Excellence in Technology Adoption & Deployment Corporate – Pan India,|State, City – Pan India
- Excellence in Environmental Initiative Corporate – Pan India,|State, City – Pan India.
- Top Bus Driver Private – Pan India,| Government-State, City – Pan India
- Excellence in Bus Body Building Private – Pan India, | Government – Pan India
- Excellence in Public Transport Safety (Bus Manufacturers) Public Transport – Pan India| Schools – Pan India.
- Manufacturer of the Year (Public Choice Award)
- Corporate Comm India(CCI Newswire)